Iberian tuna with tomato and caviaroli
Two types of liquid fat come together in this dish: olive oil and the fat from the ham.
If the tuna was dressed with olive oil, the olive oil would mix with the ham fat, ruining the desired result. By using CAVIAROLI, the olive oil and ham fat are tasted separately, each with their own identity.
IBERIAN HAM LIQUID FAT
100g Iberian ham fat
20g sunflower oil
- Remove any spoiled parts from the fat and chop it up.
- Add the ham fat to the indicated water and oil.
- Cook at a low heat for 1 hour, until the fat has melted completely and the water has evaporated.
- Strain and put in a sauce doser.
- Keep it in the fridge.
- Place the pieces of tuna on a rectangular plate, without them touching.
- Salt the tuna and dress it with the liquid ham fat.
- Warm on the salamander grill, so that the fat melts and the tuna is warm.
- At the centre of every piece of tuna, place 2g of tomato purée and 1g of ARBEQUINA OLIVE OIL CAVIAROLI.
- Serve with the toasted flatbread on the side.