Liquid sea urchin salad
As the title of the recipe suggests, it is like a game. For this dish, the traditional texture of salad has been changed from solid to liquid. Meanwhile, the oil dressing becomes Arbequina olive oil CAVIAROLI. This results in a fun, textured salad with individually identifiable flavours.
SHELLS AND ROE
- Open the sea urchins using scissors, trying not to break the shells.
- Take out the roe from the sea urchin with a spoon without breaking them and wash them quickly by submerging them in salted water.
- Strain and keep in the fridge.
- Wash the sea urchin shells and keep the 4 most attractive to one side for the finishing touches.
1 Romaine lettuce
10g sherry vinegar
0.2g xanthan gum
- Wash the lettuce leaves and keep the core, which we will use for the finishing touches.
- Liquefy the lettuce leaves.
- Add the indicated amount of sherry vinegar and xanthan gum to 200g of lettuce juice. Mix with an electric whisk until there are no more lumps and season with salt and crushed black pepper.
- Keep in the fridge.
FINISH AND PRESENTATION
15g ARBEQUINA OLIVE OIL CAVIAROLI
- Peel the lettuce core and dice it into 0.5cm pieces.
- Put a teaspoon of diced lettuce core at the bottom of each sea urchin shell.
- Add 30g of liquid salad and distribute 8 sea urchin roe.
- Finish up with Arbequina olive oil CAVIAROLI on top of the sea urchin roe.