VANILLA CONFIT PIQUILLO PEPPERS
16 piquillo peppers in water
1 vanilla pod
500g sunflower oil
- Drain the peppers, keeping the water to one side.
- Take the seeds out of the peppers without breaking them.
- Fry the peppers in hot sunflower oil until they start turning colour, then put them in a casserole dish.
- Open the vanilla pod down the middle and take out the seeds. Mix the vanilla pods and seeds with the pepper water.
- Pour the pepper water with vanilla on the fried peppers and confit on a low heat for 30 minutes until the peppers are tender.
- Keep it in the fridge.
FINISH AND PRESENTATION
4 washed monkfish tails, 250g each
8 sprigs of chervil
32 toasted green pistachios
- Salt the monkfish and cook it in a non-stick pan with a dash of oil. It should be golden and juicy when cooked.
- Heat up the vanilla-infused piquillo peppers.
- Cut the monkfish tail into 4 pieces and place them on the plate.
- Next to the monkfish, place 4 infused piquillo peppers and drizzle their juice on top.
- Sprinkle the toasted pistachios on top of the peppers.
- Place a teaspoon of smoked CAVIAROLI on top of each piece of monkfish.
- Finish up with some salt flakes on top of each pepper and two sprigs of chervil next to the monkfish.